Radon Poster/Video Contests
The Illinois Emergency Management Agency (IEMA) and the American Lung Association in Illinois (ALAIL) are joining forces to increase public awareness of radon risks and ways to reduce radon exposure.
IEMA and ALAIL have announced the continuation of statewide contest that encourages students to use their creative talents to promote radon awareness.
The Illinois Radon Video Contests asks high school students to create a 30 second commercial style video, while the Illinois Radon Poster Contest asks middle school students to create a poster that will encourage people to test their homes for radon.
Contest rules and entry forms can be found on the ALAIL website.
||Radon Poster Contest
||Radon Video Contest
||Students Age 9-14
||All High School Students
2022 RADON POSTERS WINNERS
1st Place - Created by Ira Tiwari, Aptakisic Junior High School
2nd place - Created by Grace Wang, Lincoln Elementary
3rd place - Created by Xuhan Dong - Aptakisic Junior Hight
2022 RADON VIDEOS WINNERS
1st Place - "Ray and Don Double Trouble" by Shelby Utter from Lewistown High School
2nd Place - "Radon: The Killer" by Abi Robinson from Quincy Senior High School
3rd Place - Stop Motion and Stop Radon" by Aleska Kirkus from Lemont Hight School
- 4th Place - "Watch Out Radon!" by Jeremy Gumina from Lemont High School
- 5th Place - "Revenge Against Radon" by Grant Duncan, Kristina Sharpe, Connor Lindsey, Harrison Clinton from O'Fallon Township High School
- 6th Place - "Lil PSA - What Lurks In Your Basement // MSHS Radon Video Contest Entry 2022" by Kyndal Brown, Gabe Coval, Michael Palumbo, Elijah Yanosik, and Kaylin Yanosik from Mahomet-Seymour High School
- 7th Place - "Radon PSA" by Nathan Valentine, Jessie Velino, Julia Grissom, and Sam Narrenberns from O'Fallon Township High School
- 8th Place - "The Radon Outbreak of Illinois" by Brady Halloran, Thomas Estran, Alex Pyszka, Andrew Ott, Aiden Arney, and Andrew Hong from O'Fallon Township High School
- 9th Place - "Radon - A short Film" by Tim Sphatt and Ivan Ruiz from Durand High School
- 10th Place - "Radon Video Project 2022" by Albert Scrivner ,William Key , William Haberi , and Wesley Thompson from O'Fallon Township High School
Most Views Winner
"'Lil PSA - What Lurks In Your Basement // MSHS Radon Video Contest Entry 2022" by Kyndal Brown, Gabe Coval, Michael Palumbo, Elijah Yanosik, and Kaylin Yanosik from Mahomet-Seymour High School
For radon information by telephone call (800) 325-1245 (Information Line) or to speak to an IEMA Radon Program staff member call (217) 782-1325.